Items for all students provided by Central Montessori School
- Canvas bag (upper elementary students may bring backpacks)
- Homework folder
- Mat for nap and quiet time
- A nutritious lunch packed in reusable containers, Please read labels and do not send high fat/salty or sugar foods.
- Two cloth napkins, a fork, and a spoon (if needed) packed in lunchbox. To be used as your child’s napkin and place mat
What to bring to school on the first day of school if you are a toddler
- Remember to LABEL EVERYTHING
- Weather appropriate and waterproof outerwear and rain boots
- One week supply of diapers. Please label the package with permanent marker.
- One week supply wipes. (labeled)
- Crocs” or other similar water proof shoes are wonderful because they can be quickly and easily washed and dried. We would love to have a pair to keep at school. However, if you are willing to send your child to school each day in a pair of “crocs” or other waterproof shoe, it will not be necessary to keep a pair h ere at all times.
- Two (more during transition from diaper to underwear)complete changes of clothing packed in large Ziploc baggies.
- Underwear/training pants
- SPECIAL NOTE: Elastic waist bands are essential These can be efficiently removed and replaced by most toddlers with little or no assistance from an adult. Please do not send your child to school in onesies because they will frustrate your child’s attempts at toileting. Children’s daily activities allow for outdoor play where dirt, sand, grass, etc. which may soil and/or stain your child’s clothing. Indoor activities include food preparation, consumption, and art activities that may also soil/stain your child’s clothing. Please do not send your child to school in any clothing that will cause you disappointment if it becomes stained/soiled. Have your child put on and take off the clothing that (s)he will wear to school. This will ensure that your child can manage as independently as possible if there is an accident.
What to bring to school on the very first day of primary
- Seasonal change of clothes (LABELED) These must be very easy for your child to put on and take off without adult assistance
- A weather appropriate raincoat w/hood and rain boots (LABELED) These will remain at school
- A sleeping bag/bed roll for your child’s mat (LABELED) Your child’s sleeping bag/bed roll will be sent home on Friday’s for cleaning
What to bring to school on the very first day of elementary (Seasonally)
- Weatherproof and weather appropriate outerwear and footwear
- Weatherproof and weather appropriate boots
Go-Trips and Walk-Abouts (These items should be brought from home.)
- Lightweight backpack
- Lightweight all weather jacket
- Magnifying glass